AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Searched the forums but couldn't find anything exactly like my predicament.

Since summer of 2007 my 6416 has exhibited some odd behaviour while recording programs from HD channels(provided by Cogeco Cable). At some point during the recording it will lose video plus audio and from that point on to the end of the recording program all you see is the frozen frame when it dropped the recording.

Signal levels were good as picture quality was good during these events. The unit has nothing around it so the fan inside can expel the hot air. It's happened 3 times this week and I was starting to think that my unit was on the fritz. Then I talked to my buddies that have a 6416's and they also reported similar dropouts for different programs than I was recording.

Is it possible that the Motos are screwing up in interpeting the RC_descriptor flags and killing my recordings?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvguy /forum/post/12919266

Hi,

Since summer of 2007 my 6416 has exhibited some odd behaviour while recording programs from HD channels(provided by Cogeco Cable). At some point during the recording it will lose video plus audio and from that point on to the end of the recording program all you see is the frozen frame when it dropped the recording.

Happening to more and more people, dropping recordings predominantly on FOX-HD but also SD channels and 6412 boxes.

There are threads about this running at:

Anybody here experienced this?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
Moved to HDTV Recorders Forum.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I haven't experienced dropped or lost recordings, but I have experienced the inability to access recordings or the hard drive. When I try to play recordings, I would get a black screen. I could get out of this and watch regular TV but could not pause or rewind.

A re-boot seems to cure the issue, but it's happened a few times. Also, my 6416 does seem fairly prone to crashing (I'd say at least once or maybe even twice a month) - I can always re-boot however.

Another strange quirk is that after re-booting, I get some stilting or halting in the HD picture. This seems to clear up after I turn the TV on/off. I"m not sure if this is an issue with the TV or the DVR however, I seem to notice it with 1080i broadcasts as opposed to Fox or ESPN which are 720p.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan24 /forum/post/13038302

I haven't experienced dropped or lost recordings, but I have experienced the inability to access recordings or the hard drive. When I try to play recordings, I would get a black screen.........A re-boot seems to cure the issue,

So those recordings that give you a black screen - if you reboot the box they are now viewable?

I haven't tried the reboot route, but it couldn't hurt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts