AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THis morning I woke up and I noticed my HD Box (all-in-one moto box) was on channel 1. This (from my past experience) usually means TWC did something to the box in the night. I went poking around. It seams as though they uploaded new software to it. In addition to the usual moving of things around and general clean up, a new option appears under the "setup" menu. This item is called Timers. I went further into this menu and it appears to be a setup to record something. This option also appears when you get information on a particular tv show. Could this be a new DVR option? I didn't have time to play with it this morning before going to work, so I will have to look more at it tonight. Anything other people in the area (or outside) have experienced with this option would be great to know.

Thanks and in advance for your help (didn't know wheather to put this in the hardware topic or the in the HDTV Recorder topic)

-speedbal

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Many DirecTV STBs have had timer features for years. They are for viewing reminders or auto-recording. Perhaps that's what they added.

The viewing reminders pop up when a pre-selected show is about to begin.

The auto-record timer changes the STB to the desired channel, turns on your VCR and starts recording when the program starts. At the end of the program, the STB turns the VCR off.

On my Samsung DirecTV STB, to activate a viewing reminder for a future program, just find the future program in the guide and hit the Select/OK button. A clock icon appears next to the show. To auto-record the program, locate the future prograrm in the guide and hit the Select/OK button twice. A small VHS tape icon appears next to the selected program.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey, I'm in California... with Comcast.

I just got an update at 4am this morning. Went into the diagnostic mode [turn power off, then press "ok" on the remote within a second] and now, there's DVR and HDD settings that weren't there before.

Does that mean that maybe our area is testing, or better yet, OFFERING a service like this yet?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will try this when I get home and see what I see. Hopefully this is the beginning of DVR w/ HDTV Service for TWC

-speedbal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.