AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched by threads and posts and couldn't find an answer to this. I guess there may be a post or two in the massive official thread but.....

My DCX3400 (on Armstrong cable) cuts off the end of almost EVERY scheduled recording. Is there any way to pad/extend the end of the recordings? It asks me for live sports events if I want to extend it just in case. But not for everyday programs in the guide.

It makes the PVR function virtually worthless since you watch the program almost to the end and then it cuts off, which is very frustrating.

Is there a service menu or something that allows you to change these settings? I have looked through all the menus but can't find anything.

As an alternative, is it possible to set up a manual recording with start and stop times?

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobster /forum/post/19525919

I searched by threads and posts and couldn't find an answer to this. I guess there may be a post or two in the massive official thread but.....

My DCX3400 (on Armstrong cable) cuts off the end of almost EVERY scheduled recording. Is there any way to pad/extend the end of the recordings? It asks me for live sports events if I want to extend it just in case. But not for everyday programs in the guide.

It makes the PVR function virtually worthless since you watch the program almost to the end and then it cuts off, which is very frustrating.

Is there a service menu or something that allows you to change these settings? I have looked through all the menus but can't find anything.

As an alternative, is it possible to set up a manual recording with start and stop times?

The problem is the time on the DCX3400 is 10-15 seconds fast. I've complained to TWC and I feel that there won't be a fix anytime soon with the software. You can extend programs by setting the program to record, then select view recording settings for this program, then select stop time adding 1 or 2 minutes. My problem is when I'm recording 2 shows and the 2 shows right after it, I can't extend them.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I found the setting this morning in another menu. I guess I just wasn't used to the box enough yet to see what was in front of my face!

I've re-setup my recordings now to start 1 minute early and finish 3 minutes late.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.