AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 6412 is connected to our Mits with component cables. Have had it for one month. About half the time when we change channels from the digital range to HD channels, we get a blank screen, audio but no video. Have swapped the box out once already with CableAmerica/Mesa AZ. If we set the DVR to record off an HD channel, we've even gotten an hour of the blank gray screen with audio. Very frustrating. Before I rip out all the connections and call the cable guys for the 5th time,....are there any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you have the 6412 set to output 720P or 1080i? Have you tried switching to another resolution to see if that makes any difference(assuming your TV supports both 720 and 1080)? If you've already had the box swapped out once then that would make me focus on either the cables or the TV assuming your signal strength to the 6412 is adequate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RAO. The box is set to(YPbPr) output at 1080i. Our TV does scan HD at 1080i. I may try an HDMI to DVI hookup to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out it was a format setting in the box...husband was home for the tech so I didn't get the story on what the change was, but it worked!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.