AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Charter cable with Moxi that uses a motorola Dvr box. The problem that I am having is that I can't find a unversal remote that I can teach all the buttons to. I have several universals I have tried to teach the important buttons to the so that I can control all my devices with one remote. The problem is that even though the universals says that the teaching the particular button has been confirmed, when I try use them to control the box, the control is partial. like some of the number buttons work but some others don't work at all. the down arrow doesn't work but the up arrows does. The the guide button only works sometimes.

Does anyone have a cable company that uses these boxes (Motorola DC something) and if so were they able to find a universal that can control the box.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What about the remote that comes with the box? I'm assuming if your not using that you have a much better remote (could be wrong though). Does the remote your trying to use allow programming using universal 'codes'? Try 1376 or 0476.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The remote that comes with the box can only control the box and some tv controls and the volume of my stereo that's it. The universal remotes that I am trying to use are automator urc-200, the universal one for all 8910, and the remote that comes with the onkyo 704 receiver.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to upgrade my 8910 via customer service but it would not take, the customer rep emailed me the wav file afterwards to try the upgrade on my own but it still did not take. I am not sure if the remotes broken or not. I am considering buying another and trying the upgrade. Moxiguy thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.