AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i was wondering if anyone has attached an external Hard drive like Western Digital "My Book" for additional storage? I asked about this at the local Comcast office and she only knew that she had heard of people being able to do so but didn't know how. My box gets filled quickly with Law & Order HD shows and my wife's Dr Phil & Opra. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

·
Banned
43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edman20 /forum/post/0

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone has attached an external Hard drive like Western Digital "My Book" for additional storage? I asked about this at the local Comcast office and she only knew that she had heard of people being able to do so but didn't know how. My box gets filled quickly with Law & Order HD shows and my wife's Dr Phil & Opra. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

Wont work. Tried it. It has to be a special type of harddrive with drivers that work with Ilink (firewire interface on TV) to prevent illegal copying. Indigita makes the only PVR as OEM. THey show up as Symbio by Toshiba, or motorola something also. You can sill buy Symbio and I got one new online for $100. Works great standalone or with the TVs TVGUIDE recording scheduling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.