AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a motorized AT screen that drops in front of a plasma? Can you see the plasma glass reflecting light back through the screen? Black backing on the AT screen any help for this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
good question --I have the same issue that is forthcoming. Any thoughts --I am more worried about the heat.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not too concerned about heat, the plasma will be off when the screen is dropped, so it does not seem like too much of an issue to me at this point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used to have a Stewart microperf which dropped down in front of a Fujitsu 50" plasma and I could absolutely see a reflection--a very bright one. The screen material was about 4 inches in front of the plasma glass. I ended up having to make a dark cloth cover that I placed over the plasma whenever I used the drop down screen, which was a pain. A black backing would probably take care of this problem, although I don't know of any manufacturers that have this solution (maybe Screen Research??).

The visibility of the reflection depends on the angles between the projector, the plasma, and your eye. Unfortunately, for most people the projector is mounted high, the plasma is on the middle of the wall, and your eyes are low, so it's like a headlight shining off a mirror into your face. If the projector was mounted low in a cabinet or coffee table, you might not have a problem.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks nchen, the setup is as you describe - plasma is slightly under half way up the wall + ceiling mounted projector. I think the AT screen is a no-go in this situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts