AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a motorized screen for my Sony 1272q. The projector will be front projection and ceiling mounted. I would like an aspect ratio of 16x9. My seating is a not so optimal u shape that varies from 15' to 10' from the screen, with the worst viewing angle 45 degrees off center. Viewing will be mostly at night but there will be a slight bit of ambient light from an adjoining room.

For ascetic reasons I would like to place the projector as far back in the room as possible. I realize this also makes for a large image produced. Preferably locating the projector 130 inches from screen to center of green lens. This would produce a 110" screen (96"x54"). Is this too large for my projector?

I would like to stay with either Draper or Steward for the screen and definitely want tab tensioned. What gain fabric should I use and are there prefaces for Draper or Stewart? I will not need any of the fancy masking, as I will only be using the screen in the 16x9 format.

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ryan,

You and I should talk, I have a motorized 96" Draper (120" diagonal), I use with my 1272Q and I have some info you should know.

Paul, 303-221-4644

·
Registered
161 Posts
Paul,

I'm considering a 1272 purchase and have similar requirements as Ryan. Could you post some of your thoughts/experiences?

Kevin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.