AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed it today watching the Eagles game on Fox but it happens on every channel. The picture is shifted a few inches to the left so that the last couple inches of the picture on the left side are cut off. Its easy to see during sports where the network has a score bar across the top....or when there is an image that is supposed to be in the center of the screen. Everything is off to the left. I tried different outputs and also hooked up my other cable box to make sure it wasn't my TV. I hooked the 5100 to my 27" "regular" TV and things were still cut off on the left side of the screen

Does anyone else have this shift to the left? Is there any service menu that can be accessed to adjust the picture?

-Tim

·
Registered
754 Posts
Have you tried hitting the menu button, selecting setup and then selecting screen position and tried adjusting the position on the box? Its worth a try.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't checked the alignment in 480p....I'll see tomorrow. As for the "setup" in the cable menu, if you are talking about the on screen guide menu...that only adjusts the on screen menu position.

·
Registered
754 Posts
No I'm not talking about the guide part of the menu.

You press menu

select setup

the 4th or 5th option down will be screen position

you select screen position it will come up with a screen with 4 arrows one at each side and top/bottom. it will have dialog that says something to the effect of use the arrows/cursor buttons on your remote to adjust the screen position click exit when done.

Jeremy

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the same problem. You need to change to 480i otherwise the video output is shifted. I guess it is a bug. The component works fine in 720 or 1080 but the video doesn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.