Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here.

Just got the DVR Motorola 6208 from Insight. I have 15 pin vga male coming from the CRT. What is the best way to connect for best pic from the 6208? (Sony 1272 CRT) I could go to BNC connectors, but would prefer an adapter so as not to have to run more cable. Have DVI-D, S-Video, and y-Pb-Pr connectors on the rear of the 6208.

If I need to take to another forum, please guide me!

Thanks!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
The Moto 6208 has analog HD output in component video format only.

The Sony 1272 has analog HD input in RGBHV format only. (I think)

You need a component video to RGBHV transcoder.

Check the AVS Store, who carries the best product available, the Extron CVC 200, list price $895. Other options at www.copperbox.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just bought the CTCA3 through Digital Connection - it just went down in price to around $240. Works excellent, though, and has a VGA pass-thru mode that I'm using with my HTPC. Supposedly it handles the RGB signal a litttle bit better (less blending of the synch signals in the regular color signals).

Cliff

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked to the tech @ copperbox, and the ctca3 isn't much different than the 2. It has some european stuff that isn't necessary for me. He said for the money and the application I as looking for, save the extra $50. Should get it today, will be happy to post results if anyone is interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.