AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Motorola 6208 box from Insight and saw others were having luck with the firewire ports, so I thought I'd try myself. Installed DVHStool, plugged in the firewire cable and get prompted to install new hardware, only it has no idea what the new hardware is. It's not coming up saying AV/C Tape or Tuner, it comes up with Unknown Hardware, and if I try to install the drivers for the JVC manually anyway it only gives me options for game ports and whatnot. I tried searching quite a bit on this forum, but it's too much information spread too thin and after hours of searching I'm coming up with nothing. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. System details are: built-in firewire port on both Asus A7N8X-Deluxe and Asus PC-DL Deluxe (tried two different PCs), both running Windows XP with SP1. Since it's happening with two different PCs it scares me that for some reason it sees something is there, but that maybe the port on the moto box isn't actually streaming the signal. Firmware on the box is 07.07 if that helps at all.

Thanks again!

-Michael

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.