AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Motorola DCT2000 Digital Cable Set Top Box with the HDD200 high-def decoder. My wife was trying to enable the parental controls features (No "R" or Adult)and inadvertently locked every rating except "G", and then promptly forgot the code she entered. Simple, I thought I would start by trying common four digit codes that she might enter. After the third or fourth try, I got a message to contact my cable provider (Time Warner in case it makes a difference). After contacting them, I was informed that a technician would have to come out to reset the pw, and the call would be $125. Does anyone know the method to reset the pw on the receiver? I am hoping that someone knows a simple fix for this so that I don't have to dump $125 for my wife's mistake. Please help, I can't take much more Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.

Thanks,

Christian

·
Registered
393 Posts
Maybe you have tried this, but I figured I would try to help. I too have the DCT2000 (no HDD200 until Comcast gets their butt in gear) and unplugging and replugging the DCT2000 resets all of my program guides and everything (I am not sure what else), so maybe that will do it.

HDCblGuy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Didn't work. The channel guides did blank out for several hours though. On my DirectTV receiver, you could hold a couple of buttons down while powering on the unit to erase a user settings and get a "fresh" configuration. There has to be something like this for the motorola cable boxes.

Thanks,

Christian

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was looking around online and someone said that holding down the menu button and unplugging and replugging the box resets the box. I have never tried this so I don't know if this works or not. Best of luck ($125 seems way more expensive for, I am sure, a simple procedure).

HDCblGuy

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I'd just call them and tell them you want to cancel all but broadcast basic. When they ask why tell them that your cable box won't let you get anything else and it's not worth it to pay any more. They should waive the charge. Also, many of the places will let you bring it in to swap for no charge.

/carmi

·
Registered
599 Posts
You could try to:

Pull the power plug

Open the box

Pull the battery

Wait 5 Min

Reassemble and Hope

------------------

Studio Broadcast Engineer