AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have armstrong cable, and recently upgraded to HD, I recieved the Motorola DCT3416-I (or is it an L, or a 1) it's working fine overall, however, every now and then after doing a 30 sec skip it loses sound, and the only thing that will bring it back is changing the channel. That wouldn't be annoying if it only happened on my actual recordings, but if i'm catching up on live tv because i paused it to go somewhere or do something, then when i come back to the channel obviously I'm live again.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? Is this a problem unique to my box? I did search all through here, and in both dedicated threads individually, and i came up blank on this.

Should I just call Armstrong and tell them that I got a wonky box?

on a side note I love this forum, when the cable guy came out to set up the box I schooled him on all kinds of stuff about programming the remote.

·
Registered
586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtw /forum/post/14334837

I have armstrong cable, and recently upgraded to HD, I recieved the Motorola DCT3416-I (or is it an L, or a 1) it's working fine overall, however, every now and then after doing a 30 sec skip it loses sound, and the only thing that will bring it back is changing the channel. That wouldn't be annoying if it only happened on my actual recordings, but if i'm catching up on live tv because i paused it to go somewhere or do something, then when i come back to the channel obviously I'm live again.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? Is this a problem unique to my box? I did search all through here, and in both dedicated threads individually, and i came up blank on this.

Should I just call Armstrong and tell them that I got a wonky box?

on a side note I love this forum, when the cable guy came out to set up the box I schooled him on all kinds of stuff about programming the remote.

How do you have the video and audio connected? What software/firmware are you running ( check here )?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
audio and video are connected to the tv by hdmi cable, the audio runs out of the tv into my surround reciever via optical.

current firmware is 16.35

·
Registered
586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtw /forum/post/14350985

audio and video are connected to the tv by hdmi cable, the audio runs out of the tv into my surround reciever via optical.

current firmware is 16.35

I can't recall any recent issues like you describe. Might try a full reset or box swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts