AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, after much reading online and finding out that the highest resolution of my Toshiba 42H82 is 720p, I decided to alter the configuration of my DCT5100 to set it at 720p as well.

However, when I go to the DCT5100 Set Up, it doesn't have 720p as an option. The Manual says it does. However, when I scroll through the options, it goes from 1080i to 480i to 480p then to BLANK SCREEN (?)!! I scroll one more past that and it's then back at 1080i.

Does this happen to anyone else? Maybe it's "supposed" to do that because at 720p it's matched up the same as the TV or something? NO IDEA.

If it DOESN'T have that selection, should I co 480p or just 1080i? Even though my TV apparently doesn't support 1080i.

THANKS!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's EXACTLY what I'm doing when all the above stuff takes place. I have to power it down just to GET to the menu I mention above where 720p isn't offered.

When I scroll side-to-side, it goes from 1080i to 480i to 480p to BLANK to 1080i.

The whole screen goes BLANK where I would EXPECT to see the 720p as being selected.

·
Registered
237 Posts
First of all, I wouldn't bother with 720p on that set. It's CRT rear projection and will not do 720p natively. Set the box to 1080i.

If you insist, though ...

You say that the entire (TV) screen goes blank? This is probably more of an issue with the TV than the box. The box is putting out a 720p signal but for some reason the Tv doesn't like it. Perhaps it has difficulty switching

between a HD interlaced and progressive signal.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
On the display on the front of the 5100 it also shows the resolution you select.

You should see 720p when your screen goes blank. The 5100 will output 720p but your TV might not be able to utilize the signal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mrgrtvil
The whole screen goes BLANK where I would EXPECT to see the 720p as being selected.
Sounds like your TV doesn't accept a 720p signal; just leave it at 1080i.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.