Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Looking to pick up an HDT-100 this weekend just in time for the SuperBowl. What I want is an inexpensive OTA tuner to last me until summer time or fall when I will do a more extensive upgrade of my home theater components... just wondering what everyone's experiences were with the HDT-100. I've checked the other posts and found some minor tidbits, obviously just like anything else it will have its issues (and vary from owner to owner). What I'm wanting is an overall "Yes - it works just fine for me" or a "Hell no it sucks rocks - I'll never buy another one!" type response. Anyone??

Mark

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I had one for a few weeks, and ended up returning it right before I got my Dish 800. Previously I had a Zenith 420.

Overall, I liked the Motorola. I had better luck getting in stations than I did with the 420 (but the 800 is even better). It put out simultaneous component and s-video, which was nice for recording stuff.

I only had two negatives with it:

1) Closed captioning would be on by default every time the tuner was turned on.

2) No built-in timers for changing channels to record shows.

I think it froze up on me just one time. I really liked to be able to change aspect ratios and stretch modes from the remote.

I'm kinda wishing that I could have kept it until Dish gets the bugs worked out of the 800, but just couldn't justify the cost.

For the price, I thought it was a good value.

Scott

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Scott... I've heard about the closed-captioning issue before but the recording issue is not a problem for me, I have enough inputs on my TV to keep my cable on Ant. A and run the OTA feeds from the Motorola to my DTV inputs. Thanks again...

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.