AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticing or having screeching, clicking, or out of place sounds when playing the motorstorm demo motorcyle segments? I have noticed the sound starts making crazy noises every once and awhile during gameplay. It only happens on motorcyle play and usually the "bandit" motorcyle -the third choice in the setup- but other cycles do it also. I just hooked up a monoprice 2x1 hdmi switcher recently and thought it might be that so I took it out of the loop and still all these intermittent crazy sounds during motorcycle play. It does not make these sounds during car play as far as I can tell. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yes, sort of. I noticed that the sound kind of died while playing the motorcycle race one time while playing. Sound didn't totally cut out but something was definitely wrong. Like you, I've only seen the errors in the motorcycle level.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have had sound issues on the truck game. I don't really know how to explain the sound, but I don't recall hearing it the first several times that I played the game. It is intermittent. I don't have issues where the sound cuts out. I think that it usually occurs most often when there are multiple trucks crashing together. It almost sounds like the audio is mashed together and comes out like mud.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
I also have the sound issues...the sound doesn't cut out, it glitches out.

It sounds like static.....I like the "Mashed together and sounds like Mud" analogy....its like a sound effect is not being passed correctly and instead of the sound of a "Clank" or a "Scrape" I get what sounds like a loud burst of either static or white noise....all the while other perfectly good sounds are going on around it. I hear the music fine, i hear the motor fine, I hear all the other motors fine and most of theother sound effects fine...with this "BBZZZGGTZZTT" happening all the time for a split second, for a second, ehrea nd there...it really is like one or two soundeffects are just glitched.

I posted about this awhile back and nobody said they'd heard it..now I see 4 guys who have, and I feel REDEEMED

I get it during the truck, and the motorcycle...

For the record I am running optical out to optical on my Marantz 5.1 DD/DTS receiver, vintage 1998 so I'm getting my sound via TOSLINK, not via HDMI.

Also of note: The motorstorm demo is ABSURDLY LOUD.......

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
HeadRusch, my sound problems were different from yours. No static or anything like that for me. It just kind of quit playing most of the sounds, such as my engine noise and the music.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
No, but Tingham is describing exactly what I'm hearing.

If your sound completely disappears, its time to check those cables

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. I was glad to hear other people were hearing this issue also. Glad because I thought it might have been my ps3 only doing it. Alot of people are playing this demo and I was suprised with the few responses I have gotton so far to this post. I am wondering if it is a glitch with only certain ps3's. maybe I should start a poll? I did not notice these clicking, clanking, sound dropouts when first playing the demo but it appears to me that they are happening with more frequency the more I play the demo. It occurs for me mostly when I go over the jump with the fences on the left and land to start to go around the big roundabout on the cliffside. I am wondering and hoping the game when it is released does not have these issues. Maybe someone with the Japanese game can chime in and let us know. Like I said so far I only hear the noises on the cycle segments but that may change since I notice the noises are becoming more frequent. I hear the noises with optical or hdmi hooked up for sound. Headrusch- Do you notice the sounds getting worse at all?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think this glitch is limited to the demo. I had the same sound problems with the demo, but I've had none of those issues with the full game.

Although the full version is just as insanely loud as the demo, you can turn the music down/off.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
I notice it quite a bit, particularly at the start, so I'm guessing its some sound effect like your suspension working or something (when you get hit alot at the start your truck shifts around alot)...I notice it less on the "open track" ...who knows.

I'm not worried because, as the other poster noted:

1) its a demo

2) it doesn't happen on anything else on my PS3.....its limited to that demo. No need to panic yet.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
After the 1.5 update Motorstorm makes my receiver show DD5.1 now when my display is set to 1080i, but it doesn't activate my sub and the sound is actually 2.0. My display setting is for 1080i, so I tried the 720p display option again and sure enough it fires up the sub and makes Motorstorm demo true DD5.1. So we still have a sound glitch it seems when 1080i is selected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.