1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quote from the new tickets;
Quote:
summon and outwit the devil's advocate to win his vehicle

So I got a gold in the first 6 races, a silver in the 7th and 8th races, and a bronze in the 9th race. What do I need to do to win the unlockable vehicle??? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
You need to get gold in all races. The last race is very hard with the ai..but you get a window of opportunity at the end because the unlockable vehicle crashes at the same spot every time, and if you keep your composure, you can win. It might take you a few tries but you will get it.

Btw..welcome to the USML..my psn in the league is Rupterr, I am looking forward to racing with you...good times will be had. Hope you have a mic?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I have a mic, but I happen to like the music in Motorstorm, so I usually have the sound pretty loud, which means everybody else gets to here since the mic is always on with Motorstorm. So normally I leave the mic off.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
No problem..if you wish to chat that is fine..if not..no biggie. Quite a few racers in the league do not use mics. Also, feel free to add my psn to your MS friends list.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I am racing tonight. I was added to the Div 4 roster. Since I missed the first week, even if I did well I won't be promoted. Which is fine with me, I just wanted to see what it was like playing in a gaming racing league. It sounds like the points system is similar to the points sytem in my local autocross region I race in, where if you miss more than a couple races you can not qualify for the year end points. Except since it cost $25 to autocross they won't kick you out if you miss the races, because they want your money.
With the MotorStorm League, it sounds like if I miss 2 sundays I'll get booted from the MotorStorm League completely. Which I can understand.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Heh... Would love to join ya! I remember a year a go I was asked to join but do to a hectic work schedule never made it really. Could i be given another opertunity? My days off are Mon-Wed

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
If you can race sunday nights at 9:00 or 10:00 pm..then you can join SMOkey. Just go to the league website like you did before, and register in the sign-up's thread.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Cool SMOkey..hope to see you sign up in the near future. Next Sunday we start a new league so it would work out perfect. You would also be racing with your fellow avs'er William Mapstone , so you would actually know someone in your races.

Btw..William, Camelcarp is your host tonight, so add him to your USML friends list, if you have not already, and you should be able to join the races. Just state in your friend invite, that you are in the usml in case he doesn't know. They start at 8:30 p.m for your division. Hope you make it, and have fun!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
William,

Rupterr, Logan00 and I cannot comment on the skill or mic userablility in the lower divisions, as we've never been there. But we sure would like to see you move up the ranks. It's very competitive at the the top, with a lot of smack talk and crucial out of the gate starts.Tons of fun...I'm trying to stay in D2 this week. Good luck tonight.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
How did those first few races treat you. From the results, it looks like you need to pick up the pace a little.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/12948090

yeah, I am racing tonight. I was added to the Div 4 roster. Since I missed the first week, even if I did well I won't be promoted. Which is fine with me, I just wanted to see what it was like playing in a gaming racing league. It sounds like the points system is similar to the points sytem in my local autocross region I race in, where if you miss more than a couple races you can not qualify for the year end points. Except since it cost $25 to autocross they won't kick you out if you miss the races, because they want your money.
With the MotorStorm League, it sounds like if I miss 2 sundays I'll get booted from the MotorStorm League completely. Which I can understand.

Your allowed to miss weeks, you just have to post it on the website (we have a thread called notified absence) prior to you missing a league night. Things always come up so you are allowed to miss a week here and there if you have to as long as you give prior notice. Your only punishment will be possibly being demoted for not having enough points to stay in your division. No big deal, you just have to work your way back up.

If you go 2 weeks without giving advanced notice and missing league nights then you will most likely be kicked out.

I hope you sign up Smoky, the more AVS'ers the better.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I just picked up a ps3 and motorstorm, so far its the BEST offroad racing game I have ever played, look forward to meeting up with you guys online.

PSN: maximus_rr

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally posted by dogdoctor

How did those first few races treat you. From the results, it looks like you need to pick up the pace a little.

These guys are really good! My favorite path in "The Grizzly" is not the quickest, so I will need to start running a different path. I simply crashed to many times in "Dust Devil", there are a few spots in that track where I need to pay more attention to, instead of just going for it. In other words I need to change my driving style. In non league events, catch-up is usually on, so when I crash in "Dust Devil" I at least have a chance to catch up. "Mudpool" is well "Mudpool", you need to run the big rig, and well I don't like the big rigs that much. I did use a big rig, because I knew everybody would and that I would have no chance in a mud plugger. I might try getting good at staying on the high ground with a bike or ATV, but its tough not crashing. Anyways, it might be a while before I get into your division, LOL. Which I don't mind, the main reason for joining the League was to make sure I don't get sucked away from MotorStorm completely by another game. I stopped playing MotorStorm the day I bought Warhawk and had forgotten how fun it was. Up to a week ago, I literally had not played MotorStorm in 4 months. It really is the best online off-roading game out there. So Sunday nights will be reserved for MotorStorm!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I got all golds and no "devils advocate"!!

at least I think,

what class of car is it, is it only available online?

I'll recheck but I'm sure I got all golds on devils weekend

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
To Mapstone: Glad you had fun. The best advice I can give you is to either set up race night with Logan, Rupterr or Myself and we can show you the best routes and vehicle combination. Or download some the top 50 time trial times for each track. That said - IEX (ironeagleX) is a league member and you can see some you-tube videos of him running some races and blowing us out the water (just do a search). He has phenomenal lines and runs each track nearly perfect. Glad you had fun and we looks forward to racing with you on fun nights if you don't move up the division ranks as fast as planned.

To coneyparleg: If you beat the duel with the devil at the end - which shouldn't be to hard, you get the pick slip for the car your racing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) you get the batmobile buggy - awesome boost sound, but still just a buggy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts