AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edge Magazine posted a nice interview with some of the Evolution Studios staff.
Edge Online UK

A few Motorstorm tidbits:
Quote:
Is Evolution planning additional GFX optimizations/tweaks for the US/PAL versions of MotorStorm? Although there are only a few months till its US/PAL release, what Evolution showed during the last eight weeks of development time on the Japanese release proved that there was still be time to make pretty big enhancements.

[From: Anthony N Putson]

Matt Southern: There will be enhancements, but many will be under the hood'. A lot of the changes for the US and Europe are legal or even cultural - things like the gestures are specific to each territory and their respective age rating guidelines.
Quote:
In MotorStorm, will there be voice chat during the online races?

[From: Toby K Lee]

MS: Yes, using either USB headsets or Bluetooth wireless sets. Currently we have 12-player; recently we had 15 but we've had to cull this. We're still hoping for 16 but we can't commit to that right now.
Quote:
Does Evolution have any plans (even at this late stage) to implement any split-screen options in the US/PAL versions of MotorStorm?

[From: Anthony N Putson]

MS: Rally Evolved dropped split-screen and we'll probably leave it that way for MotorStorm unless we get an overwhelming demand. Splitting all that high-def detail into two is a performance nightmare. However, the beauty of online consoles is that the game can change in the future and we can sit down with SCEE and say, Let's offer this for download - the fans want it'.

Entire interview: http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archive...erview_e_1.php

· Registered
4,223 Posts
Now that I have DSL, I could care less about split screens. Online racing is a much better experience. But I can understand why some would still want it.

· Registered
481 Posts

Quote:
A lot of the changes for the US and Europe are legal or even cultural - things like the gestures are specific to each territory and their respective age rating guidelines.

LOL. That's funny. The other night, I was playing the demo and I tried the female biker, her gesture was the "jack-off" hand motion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.