AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to mount a pair of Klipsch 40" tall F2 floor standing speakers in an entertainment center?

The floor speakers would be set in a custom built wood cabinet, one on each end. They would be open (w/o a cabinet door) on the front. I also wanted to put the sub in the bottom cabinet of the wall unit.

I know this is not optimum placement, but, this is for my living room not a media room, we just want some great sound in it and I don't like speakers just sitting out on the floor......

Does anyone here have speakers mounted in the cabinets? Is it safe?

Please chime in and let me know what you think.....

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would some wall mounted speakers sound better than the Klipsch F2 Towers mounted in a cabinet????? What else would look good and sound this good for a tower replacement?

Any ideas would be appreciated.....I am very much loving the clear crisp sound out of these new Klipsch speakers, but if there is a better way to have this sound and contain them I'm all for it.

Please advise.........thanks

·
Registered
30,819 Posts
If you are going to build the speakers into a wall or cabinet, I'd start looking as speakers designed for such mounting. Doing that with regular speakers is quite unpredictable.

Look at Triad, Atlantic, PSB, Paradigm etc. Mebbe even Klipsch???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.