AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I ordered a Samsung PN58B550 58" Plasma last night and I'm looking around for a wall mount. I like the Omnimounts but they are so expensive compared to others and I'm trying to find out if others have experience with other brands. I saw the "Hercules(by Opteka) HRM-100" on amazon and that looks like it gets good reviews. Also saw some on toptvmounts.com. I just don't understand why the Omnimounts cost so much. Looking for good alternatives but don't want to have to worry about it falling off the wall. Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've bought 2 from an Ebay seller called Pro Mounts. I'm in Canada and they are in Canada as well so not sure about their international shipping but within this country it's free. I bought tilting mounts with all hardware included for a 32" lcd and a 50" plasma (Samsung 550). $40 and $50 were the prices delivered. Good sturdy basic mounts. The plasma mount is rated at 180lbs and secured with 6 lag bolts into studs, no problem falling off!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there, i just installed the "Sanus LL11-B1 Super Slim Low-Profile" mount 2 nights ago. i bought it from hdtvdreams . com for about $85 shipped. It bolts into the studs so its very srong. i practicly hung on it to test it held me( aprox 200lbs). I have the exact same tv and its about an inch off the wall. perfect to fit the power cord and hdmi behind it. I would recommend this mount to anyone and installed in about 30 min. good luck

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I talked to someone else at Omnimount and they said that even though the mount I have is only rated for 52" TVs, my new TV is 40lbs under the weight limit and the mounting pattern will work with the new one so it is okay. So i'm pretty happy about that because I spent a ton of money on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Always nice to know you didnt waste money. although i think ur just paying for the name, but anyway hope it work out well for you. post some pics if possible once you have it up

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do. I don't understand why it is only rated for 52" TVs if they are far under the weight limit and the mounting bracket fits. Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
What type of mount are you after, fixed or operable? I have all my flat panels on Monoprice mounts and am very happy with them. Got a low profile fixed mount for my 50" plasma for $18, very well constructed.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L /forum/post/18303619

What type of mount are you after, fixed or operable? I have all my flat panels on Monoprice mounts and am very happy with them. Got a low profile fixed mount for my 50" plasma for $18, very well constructed.

Well i bought this replacement Samsungwmn100b ultra slim mount for my 58" 860b from ebay, i will install it sometime this week so lets wait and see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Slim-LED-W...#ht_3983wt_884

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L /forum/post/18303619

Looking to get one that moves around a lot like the current Omnimount UCL-L that I have. Looks like I'm okay to stick with this one for my new TV. That's what they said

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Then you should be looking at the mounts from Monoprice.com. Excellent variety of differing types and the prices are less than most places.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a monoprice mount and though the price was great, I would only recommend them for fixed mounts. No matter how tight I tighten the bolts, my tilt mount always seem to tilt about 5 degrees more ownward after a week. I have heard complaints about sag in their fully directional one as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts