AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm planning on mounting a projector (Optoma EH1020 6.4 lbs.) in a warehouse style building. The problem is the panels for the dropped ceiling are about 10ft from the actual ceiling. The actual ceiling is sheet metal so I dont even think I could get a solid mounting point off that. I'm just hoping someone might have a suggestion on the best/safest way to get it mounted. The dropped ceiling is suprisingly sturdy so about the only option I can think of right now is to get something like some 2x4s and span them across several panels and put a standard mount on that, but I would think there has to be a better way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
WOW, that sucks. The actual ceiling is sheet metal? The sheet metal must mount to wood joists, right? If there's wood up there, I would try to screw a pipe flange into wood, with a long extension pipe running down thru the ceiling tile. You would just need to cut a hole in the tile for the pipe. 2 other options are:

1) Use a low table for projector

2) Is there a rear wall available to mount a shelf/bracket for projector?

·
Registered
331 Posts
There are wall-mounts - specifically designed for short-throws however you can mount them on the back wall do and just swing the universal bracket around... :shrug:

Search for model# UNI-EXT by Premier Mounts and see if you can't find it somewhere for less than $250 because I couldn't. Still, in my case, I have a ceiling fan in the middle of my 18 ft. vaulted ceiling that made a ceiling mount impossible and this solves the problem nicely.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.