AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to get a passive soundbar for my front 3 channels. I've explored in-ceiling and freestanding or in-wall is not an option. I found a dealer that is offering me a deal on the GoldenEar SuperCinema 3D Array X so I'll probably go with that. But I want to mount it under the TV that will be wall mounted. I have been looking at universal soundbar mounts but most of those have max weight of 15 lbs or are too bulky and wouldn't present a clean look. The SuperCinema 3D Array X is 17 lbs. I'm also considering the Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-SSA3 but it's over 17 lbs as well. So either way I need a mount offering me better than a 15 lb max. Anyone got recommendations on a soundbar mount for under TV? Or anone have either of these bars or something of a similar weight mounted under the tv?

While you're at it feel free to recommend any passive bars under $1,000. I've zeroed in on these 2 as they seem well reviewed, I've been able to listen to both, and I feel like I'm getting good pricing on both. I've considered some others but I either don't have a dealer convenient to me or the cost breaks my threshold, looking at you Paradigm.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think I'm going to get a passive soundbar for my front 3 channels. I've explored in-ceiling and freestanding or in-wall is not an option. I found a dealer that is offering me a deal on the GoldenEar SuperCinema 3D Array X so I'll probably go with that. But I want to mount it under the TV that will be wall mounted. I have been looking at universal soundbar mounts but most of those have max weight of 15 lbs or are too bulky and wouldn't present a clean look. The SuperCinema 3D Array X is 17 lbs. I'm also considering the Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-SSA3 but it's over 17 lbs as well. So either way I need a mount offering me better than a 15 lb max. Anyone got recommendations on a soundbar mount for under TV? Or anone have either of these bars or something of a similar weight mounted under the tv?

While you're at it feel free to recommend any passive bars under $1,000. I've zeroed in on these 2 as they seem well reviewed, I've been able to listen to both, and I feel like I'm getting good pricing on both. I've considered some others but I either don't have a dealer convenient to me or the cost breaks my threshold, looking at you Paradigm.
I don't know about mounts that can handle that weight but I can offer another recommendation on another DefTech soundbar. I have a Mythos SSA-50 which sounds amazing. I'm using it in a 7.1.2/5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Reactions: simo77

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the endorsement of the SSA-50. It could work from a budget standpoint but it's about 1.5-2.5 inches deeper than the 2 bars I mentioned and the same compared to the TV. But it probably sounds better than the SSA-3 as it has a deeper cabinet and more and bigger drivers. I haven't been able to demo it anywhere but I'm sure that either of the places I'm talking to could order it.

Still no one mounting a relatively heavy bar under their new tv? I think I've found a couple on Amazon now. Unless I get some endorsements I'm just gonna have to give one a try.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G3F6S2Y/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2064PH6UFBLP1&colid=4M36P168YO3J

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00823170Y/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3U9U8N9WU9RUE&colid=4M36P168YO3J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts