AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been reading the mail on the Hoya FL-Day Filter and I keep reading that people are asking how these filters are being mounted other than in a hush box. I would like to try this but I don't want to glue this thing on the front of my projector. I can't think of any reasonable way to mount a 49 mm filter over a smaller recessed lens and hole. Am sure if anyone has a reasonable answer other folks would like to know how to do it and a picture would be worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Double sided tape ^_^

·
Registered
45 Posts
you can use a step down ring depending on the size your trying to fit, my projector has a lens size of 39mm I have a fld filter thats 55mm as I was planning to buy a ae100 but instead bought a rather good one 2nd hand

I cant get a step down to go from 55mm->39mm, and the smallest size of fld I can buy in the uk is 49mm, I dont think it would even go down that far. In general step down rings can can increase your lens size by only 3 or 4 mm, so if your at 45mm then you should be ok.

regards

John

ps Im now just going to stick it on as it really does improve the picture, hmm blue tack or sticky tape...

·
Registered
807 Posts
You could take a small square piece of styrofoam and cut a mounting spacel for the filter. The styrofoam could be either self supporting if it was big enough or you use a metal bracket of two to support it. I am assuming your projector rests on some kind of shelf or flat surface that would give you room to do this.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I taped mine to the front of my projector using electrical tape.

This is also a way to get cheap masking and reduce the halo effect.

Kelly

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I use a 62 mm FL-D HMC Hoya filter for my LT150. The filter is held in place by a circular pipe clamp that's tightened by turning a screw. This pipe clamp is glued to a strip of sheet metal which is bendable. The sheet metal is held on top of LT150 by duct tape or rubber band around LT150. The filter is angled slightly to direct any reflected light away from the DMD in the back. Works very well. Granted the reflection may be slightly more due to larger angle of incidence but the prevention of back-lighting the DMD is worth the contrast improvement IMHO. Eventually I'll incorporate this filter into my hushbox with 62 mm lens opening.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've done a little searching and ive found that I can get a step down ring that will do 55mm-49mm and then another that will do 49-37mm, i take it they will all screw into one another, could I use this instead of any other methods???

I actually think my lens diameter is 37mm.

Any filter/step down ring experts out there???

j

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.