AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my soundbar mounted below the tv. Thursday i'm replacing my tv and was wondering if mounting the soundbar above the tv would improve the sound ? Anyone here done this and was there an improvement? My room measures 27' by 11' and the tv is mounted on the wall in the center so viewing the tv i'm only 8' away. Ceiling height is 83". Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably as close to the top of the tv itself. Also heard where it might help to angle the soundbar down just a bit.

·
Banned
431 Posts
If it I too close to the ceiling it would not be good especially because you sit close. I think aiming it towards the listening area is a good idea.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I will be able to try it above the tv and always move it if it doesn't sound very good. Thing is i'm going from a 46" to a 60" screen and don't know how much room it will take away from the top of the tv to the ceiling. According to the specs its going to be around 3". Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadart22  /t/1520829/mount-soundbar-above-the-television#post_24434613

I currently have my soundbar mounted below the tv. Thursday i'm replacing my tv and was wondering if mounting the soundbar above the tv would improve the sound ? Anyone here done this and was there an improvement? My room measures 27' by 11' and the tv is mounted on the wall in the center so viewing the tv i'm only 8' away. Ceiling height is 83". Thanks!

deltadart22,

I have the JVC THBA-1 and it's mounted above my TV. 83" to your ceiling?! Your soundbar should sound great anywhere. lol. I do have it mounted right above the tv and I also have it angled down to where it seems like it's positioned perfectly so you are right in the center of the sound itself. It sounds a lot better mounted above the TV then below it. At least in my house. Adjusting the angle didn't seem to do too much, if anything at all. It looks like it does, but I can't tell a difference. I would say give it a shot and see how it sounds. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts