AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When mounting a 3D -plasma, are there any rules/ratios that should be followed?

For Example to get the best PQ or true 3D effects, the middle of display should be at eye level in your primary watching position [maybe a 1 higher].

I am asking because I have been seeing a lot of folks placing their 3D displays over fireplaces and -off- positions. I know it not the ideal PQ for 2D displays but it works.

What is the best tilt or position the display should be in? Does this placement affect the eyeglasses at all? Will an off position affect your 3D experience?

Or does it matter, if you are going to do this?

Any good guidelines?

db

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
You are correct you want the center of the TV to be close to your eye level when sitting and watching it. This is even more important for 3D then for 2D. Above a fireplace is probably the worst place you can put a TV (it looked cool in the adds) The problem with over the fireplace is two fold, 1. if you have to lean your had back to watch it then your get a sore neck. 2 You have to blinik your eyes every couple of minutes to be sure that they don't dry out and you suffer itchy eyes. Tilting an over the fireplace TV does not cure any of these problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts