AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My da-lite model b should be here in a few days. It occur to me that if it can be installed upside down (the screen would pull up instead of down) the case could be hidden behind furniture. I would put a hook (or two) on the wall to hold the screen. Does anyone know if this is feasible? Does the recoil spring mechanism would work in this position? I could install it either way but if done in this manner it can be completely hidden when not in use.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The problem with it is that the case on the model b is not square so it would need something to hold it so the screen would come out at a 90 degree angle.

You should be able to take it up and down if you want but its really made to be hung.

Well you already ordered the screen but if its possible to return you should look into getting a tripod.

Chris

·
Registered
602 Posts
Da-Lite and Draper also make a few models that are designed to pull up. They have a large black drop-cloth as well so the screen is at the correct viewing height. It your Da-Lite's drop-cloth isn't long enough and the case is on the floor, the screen position may be too low.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I did something similar for a temporary installation - I mounted the model b upside down on two chairs and used a coat rack to hold the screen up (open). Works great for impromptu gaming sessions with a portable projector and playstation!

I used the model b with the tensioning arm

Just be careful when rolling the screen back into the case, it will roll extremely quickly, when upside down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I received the screen and it does not work well upside down. The mechanism is designed to roll up when the screen is pulled and released very quickly. This is tricky to do when upside down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.