AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I just found a pretty solid deal at Monoprice (I can link it because they are a sponsor correct?) that is a wall mount for 37~63inch LCD/Plasma TVs and up to 165Lbs.

I have a 100" (actually like 96") fixed screen made from 2x1 boards and painted hard board. Overall, my screen is definitely under 100lbs so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and try to wall mount or just save it for when I buy a ~40 LCD within the next year.

I'm starting to see some big problems trying to get the screen off the mount once I get it on (I've never actually used a wall mount before but they really don't seem too tough...just this one is a "slim" mount and my arms are a big bigger than 1-2" in diameter).

Any advice would be helpful.

Edit: I'm sure that I could put a piece of wood between the wall and mount to put it of the wall a little but I would like to avoid that if possible. I'm not at all against using this method instead, which would be much cheaper:

Also, I'll be renting a apartment/house so I'm trying to not to put huge holes in the wall.

-Jordan

·
Registered
781 Posts
If it's just going against a wall you can use french cleats and save a ton. You can either make one easily or buy metal ones at HD (called something different) but it's basically 2 oppositely angled pieces of metal (or wood if you make it yourself) that hook into each other and can hold a good deal of weight.

Google french cleat or search AVS - you should find a bunch of results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts