Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Firstly is there any heat/air-intake problems mounting a Z2 flush to the ceiling?

Secondly, what sort of a mount would this require if any?

The room situation I'm facing is such that the projector must be as high up as possible to avoid people walking into it (it's a long room with only the first half being used for HT). Hence the Z2 is the natural choice with it;s lens shift feature since obviously I don't want the projected image itself constrained to the top of the wall.

Thanks,

Pete.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try the peerless universal vector and encore...they are VERY nice and suitable for the Z2. They were recommended to me on here and I just got my z2 today and am ordering one. PM me if you want the name of a store with very good pricing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks camillion, I'll PM you now but I'm located in Australia so hopefully a cheap alternative is available here.

I take it there are no issues with flush ceiling mounting the Z2 then?

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are vents and a removable filter on the bottom of the Z2. Mounting it upside down and flush will require lowering it to remove and clean the filter. You need about 2-3 inches of clearance to remove the filter. The vents should not be a problem as long as you don't mount it closer to the ceiling than if it were sitting on a table on its feet. The 2-3 inches required to remove the filter is already more of a gap than if were sitting on a table.

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.