AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy the Samsung 55inch 8500.

I want to hang it on my wall in my den, usually i cut a hole in my wall to run the wires down the wall then a hole out the bottom behind some sort of stand that has my Audio and blu-ray stuff. But does that defeat the purpose of having it on the wall if the stand is below it a few feet? How else can I hide the wires if i put a stand off to the side? Run them in the wall behind the TV out a hole below the tv near the floor then lay them on the floor to the left to the stand? Thats ugly? I dont know how else to do this? Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You could run them behind the wall in the vertical direction, then behind the floor molding along the horizontal run to the stand.

I believe there is a whole thread here on running wires behind the wall, so your question has undoubtedly been covered. One thing I learned is that building codes do not allow running power cable behind the wall, so to do it right you need a little research. You could skip it, like most people do, and then just hope there's never an incident that involves your insurance company looking at wiring. If you're interested, check out the Power Bridge solution, although in your case that leaves a rather unsightly mess where the wires exit the wall (unless you first run them horizontally behind the wall). Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts