AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 119" screen (104" wide) the formulas show that I should be putting my projector over 4.5 FEET back from where I had my 8000. Is that accurate?

Im at about 140" from the screen now and it is too close. I'll pull the projector back off the ceiling in a little bit but wanted to make sure I was going the far enough back. I am about 4-6" too narrow on either side with the raster maxed. Not to touching the edges, but way out there. On the 8000 I was actually too far away, and needed to be 7-8" closer.

My ceiling has 16" on center rails, so thats how far back I will have to move my upper rail if that is the answer. I only have 4" of adjustment for and aft on the projector.

Based on the 4" too narrow from earlier, I am guessing I go back 16" and I am done.. but the measurements show I should be 191" back.

I'm a bit confused.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I never use the formulas, ever! The most accurate way is to set it up on the floor, maximize the raster and the image on the tube face the way you want it, then place the PJ till it fills the screen. mark that location to your ceiling and mount. I leave a little extra room on the tube face if i am off an inch, this way I have room to adjust.

Athanasios

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.