AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Mitsu 65" rear projector in the living room that I'm very happy with. I' thinking of installing a projector in the "bonus room" downstairs, since I've had good service from the Mitsu I was leaning toward the HC 3800. I have also looked at the Epson 8100.

Because of the room layout the mounting options is really are limited to one spot. I read somewhere that DLP compared to LCD has limited mounting options. Can any of you more knowledgable projector fans explain what this means to someone new to projectors.

Thank You

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Most low end DLP (under $3000) do not have vertical lens shift. They are build with a set amount of offset. This offset project the image UP rather then straight out so the projector can sit on a table or be mounted upside on the ceiling at a few inches under or above the screen depending on if it table of ceiling mounted.

Lens shift is a mechanical set of optics in the projector that lets you adjust the image up or down without moving the projector or needed keystone. To get this feature on DLP you need to spend more money than you would to get it on and LCD. It is not that LCDs do something that DLPs can not, it is you have to pay a lot more money to get that option with DLP.

·
Registered
601 Posts
LCD is usually alot more flexible. LCD also have around 2X zoom, while lower end DLP's are more limited, so they usually max out at about 15 feet from the screen (the farthest you can put one from a 100" screen)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts