AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a regular wall (without a fireplace), how high from the floor would you mount a big (70"-90") flat screen?

In the same room, on the back wall, how high would you mount your surround sound speakers? Are they supposed to be mounted at ear-level or higher with them angled down directly toward the listener?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had a big DLP and when it was replaced with a 65 inch led I set it at the same hight as the DLP was on its stand and that was eyes at vertical center from viewing positions. I set the front speakers the same, center, center speaker just under and the surounds are on stands that can be moved with the back center for a 6.1 just above head on wall. Works out good after running the Audyssey setup. My AVR is a 7.1 that has the option of using 5.1 or 6.1 and running the Audyssey sets that up. It looks balance for the room, views comfortable, no nick or eye strain and sounds great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.