AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wall I want to mount my tv on is a section of wall that extends out kind of like the rear of a closet. The portion I'm concerned about is 38" wide. I spent an hour yesterday with a stud finder and drill, and this section of wall has absolutely NO studs other than at the corners, 38" apart. I'd like to mount my 40" samsung on this wall but need alternative solutions since I can't mount it to typical studs. The mount I'm using was designed for 16" studs and weighs 30 pounds. I'm not about to mount my tv straight to dry wall so I'm looking for some advice. My only idea would be to put a large piece of plywood across the 38" span and mount to that. Please provide any advice you can give. I'd like to keep cutting out sections of dry wall as a last resort. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Corner Mount maybe?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1167716

Edit: The opposite side of the mounting wall is inside a closet? If that is the case, I would neatly cut a big access in the drywall from the closet side and add whatever reinforcement is needed to mount the TV. You could also route whatever cables are needed for a clean installation. Since it's well hidden in a closet, you could patch the drywall yourself, nobody will see it anyway. Alternatively, you could hire a drywall guy to patch it, it would be fairly cheap and you will never know it was cut. May want to consider creating some type of removeable access cover for any future upgrades.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.