AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than mounting the HT1000 to the ceiling, I'm using a raised shelf fastened to the back wall. Problem is that the top of the projector is not too amenable to being placed upside down on a flat piece of wood. The projector does not come with any rubber supports, etc., which means I need to construct some kind of support unit to place between the projector and shelf.

Has anyone done something similar?

·
Banned
8,614 Posts
I fashioned a solution for mounting my HT1000 on top of a bookcase.

I started with a 3/4" piece of finished plywood, 2" larger than the HT1000 in all directions.

I bought (4) 6" table legs with threaded bolts the screw into (4) leg mounting plates.

I drilled the table legs and fitted them with adjustable pads with rubber feet, so I could control the tilt of the projector.

I then mounted the HT1000 "under" the mini table. You should note you need 4mm bolts for the HT1000 mounting holes. Also note, you can play with the rear projector extendable legs, to get the projector into your desired projection angle, so you can use the table leg adjustments for fine tuning.

I fabricated my mini table with an extended front over hand to mount the Prismasonic anamorphic lens, but since I switched to the PSO-HT1000 lens, I will be trimming back the over hang.

All of the goodies required I found at my local hardware store.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or would like any pics..

RJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.