AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of logitech x-530 speakers. I would like to mount them to my drywall, but Im not sure what I should use to do so. On the back of the speakers there is a notch where it looks like something would slide underneath to hold it on but Im not sure what to use in the drywall to hold the speakers up. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can use what's called a plastic anchor or a molly bolt.

I'd recommend taking one of the speakers down to your local Lowe's/Home Depot and asking them for a box of plastic anchors and screws; I'm guessing probably a #6 or #8 screw, and depending on the brand of plastic anchors, it's going to be either a red or blue plastic anchor.

The anchors look like a little torpedo; you drill a hole into the wall that's the diameter of the anchor (it's usually listed on the packaging, probably 3/8" or 1/4" drill bit), tap the anchor into the drywall with a hammer, and then screw the screw into the plastic anchor. This causes the anchor to expand in the drywall and will hold the speaker up. Usually, those plastic anchors are good for about 25 lbs; if I remember correctly, the X-530 speakers are what, 3 lbs?

Probably cost you $5-$10 for a package of the anchors and the screws...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.