AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has had same issue with advice..I'm mounting a PN60F8500 on a Z-Line stand. Problem is that in the manual it doesnt say what holder ring or to use at all even though it has the same recessed holes as series 7000 & 6000 which both come with rings and detail usage. I called samsung got to tier two and he claims even though it has same recessed holes as previous models that specifically say to use rings between bracket and tv that this tv is different and "shouldnt" need them. Ill attach pics of instructions from each model to clarify. Im just wondering if what he says is true even though it makes no sense.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Strongly suggest that you do not mount any TV that has recessed mounting holes without the use of mounting rings or a stack of washers (or equiv.). Otherwise, you may end up applying excessive pressure on the back panel with the possibility of internal PDP panel damage. Doesn't make any sense that Samsung would supply mounting rings for other models, but not for the F8500.

You might want to consider posting this on the F8500 owners thread for comment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will and ill take tv down and put mounting rings. I have 4 of each from previous models. I was surprised 2nd tier claimed it did not even after I asked since I had them would it benefit to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbowm  /t/1520182/mounting-samsung-tv#post_24422526

Strongly suggest that you do not mount any TV that has recessed mounting holes without the use of mounting rings or a stack of washers (or equiv.). Otherwise, you may end up applying excessive pressure on the back panel with the possibility of internal PDP panel damage. Doesn't make any sense that Samsung would supply mounting rings for other models, but not for the F8500.

You might want to consider posting this on the F8500 owners thread for comment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ones on left are for UN55ES7100 and right for a series 6000 can't remember but lcd with that touch of color. The PN60F8500 has none nor mentions using although it does say if you buy a samsung model mount that full directions and supplies are included
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbowm  /t/1520182/mounting-samsung-tv#post_24423121

Those look just like the ones that Samsung supplied with the UN55F6350 that I briefly owned.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by droseofc  /t/1520182/mounting-samsung-tv#post_24423447

Ones on left are for UN55ES7100 and right for a series 6000 can't remember but lcd with that touch of color. The PN60F8500 has none nor mentions using although it does say if you buy a samsung model mount that full directions and supplies are included
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbowm  /t/1520182/mounting-samsung-tv#post_24423121

Those look just like the ones that Samsung supplied with the UN55F6350 that I briefly owned.

The black ones on the left look identical to those that came with the UN55F6350.

It doesn't make sense that Samsung considers them necessary on other models with recessed mounting holes, but not on the 60F8500.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbowm  /t/1520182/mounting-samsung-tv#post_24425050

The black ones on the left look identical to those that came with the UN55F6350.

It doesn't make sense that Samsung considers them necessary on other models with recessed mounting holes, but not on the 60F8500.

I trolled myself. After taking TV back down and brackets off it indeed is flat lol. In the manual they appear recessed just as they do on the others plus when I got to tier 2 with samsung I figured indeed they were recessed. Originally the initial reason I looked into it was that there are 2 small screws right above bracket holes that are then pressed into rear of tv once brackets are in so I moved brackets up one notch so that the small screws are then in a bolt hole on bracket rather then pressed into tv. My baaaad 😂 I still think tier 1 should be more knowledgeable and that they need to change that dang pic in manual. Seriously its identical to others yet when I looked at actual 7100 I realized welp im a sofa king

1 - 11 of 11 Posts