AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a projector (HT1000) and haven't ordered a screen yet. Is it best to mount the screen first and then the projector, or the other way around? This is my first install and want to avoid or minimize problems.

Dennis

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
There is more slop than you think vertically. Just put the lens about even with the top of the screen (usually) and the adjustments available in any mount will work fine. The harder part is to make sure the pj is in the center of the screen horizontally. I measured out from the wall to find where I wanted the center of the screen to be, then made sure the lens of the pj was exactly that distance from the same side wall (so think about the lens, not the center of the pj, since lots of lenses are not in the middle of the pj). It really doesn't matter which you put up first, as moving either one will be a pain in the neck. As the carpenters always say "measure twice, cut once". Plus your borders on your screen will act like a mini-overscan and hide some small sins.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Just be carely with the HT1000. From what I have read, it has quite a large off-set, meaning that it is actually designed to have the lens above the top of the screen. Check the manual for calculations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.