AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im to the point where I need to hang the side surrounds off the walls. I tried to pre-plan this as best as possible by putting a horizontal 2x6 near the wire connections.

turns out i should have done more....

Im trying to wall mount Paradigm ADP-370's using the supplied hangers, however it appears that one speaker will not be aligned properly to the wood.

What have you guys done in situations like this?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have the ADP-470's - they are pretty heavy. I have standard 16" stud spacing - so I just attached them to the studs even though they were not in exactly the same position left vs right. The most they could be off is 8", and I don't think that will be audible, particularly as the ADP's are not direct radiators. I would not worry about it at all, it has turned out to be a non-issue for me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see as how you have Paradigm ADP do yours have the speaker inputs slightly offset compared to the mounting brackets??

this is the issue for me. To get it wall mounted i have to move the wall bracket to the narrow side of the speaker inputs. the stud is really on the "wrong side" of the wall box.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The 470's terminals are not offset - the well for the terminals is large enough to get a wire by the stud and into the back. Not sure I understand what the issue is - just punch a hole in the drywall where the terminals are?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have one of those orange boxes for LV wiring where the speaker wire is. I'll have to take a pic tonight and post it. the speakers (while the drivers are identical) have identified L/R with opposite offsets for the speaker terminals...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is what the wall mount brackets look like that come w/ the speakers.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Yeah, those brackets look very similar to mine. If I understand, on at least one (or both) of the sides, the offset terminals are on the wrong side of the stud (your LV box is on the other side). As I said, I would punch a hole in the drywall where the terminals are and send your speaker wire through that. I did not put LV boxes in for any of my 4 surrounds - just a hole large enough to pull the speaker wire through.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by usualsuspects /forum/post/16987123

Yeah, those brackets look very similar to mine. If I understand, on at least one (or both) of the sides, the offset terminals are on the wrong side of the stud (your LV box is on the other side). As I said, I would punch a hole in the drywall where the terminals are and send your speaker wire through that. I did not put LV boxes in for any of my 4 surrounds - just a hole large enough to pull the speaker wire through.

hmm.. i get what you're saying and i think i may be able to do that!

thx for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.