AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The adjustable-height screw and the "mystery" screw beneath the lens area both take metric 4mm machine screws. The remaining screw hole on the opposite side of the adjustable-height screw (the non-adjustable one, with glued-on cushion; have to remove this cushion -- tip from an earlier post) would only allow one or two turns of the 4mm screw. I love my LT150 very much, and before I apply the when-all-else-fails-use-force rule, I thought I'd ask if anyone here has any such problem. I don't think, by eyeballing the size of the screw hole, that a 3mm screw is needed. Are my screw hole threads simply bad?

------------------

Michael

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
todd,

nice mount!

wasn't it difficult to level the projector? are those spacers on one of the screws?

tnx - sonny

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks! Yes, they are spacers. I have some shorter screws and some washers to replace them with when I get around to it. It is really easy to adjust if needed, but once it is set, there is really no need to change it. While shopping at the grocery store, I found a small, rigid teflon cutting board that would also work very well for a mounting base. The carbon fiber I used was just a piece I had from and old Remote control car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was able to use 4mm screws for all three holes. The one under on the leg under the glued on foot is more shallow so I cut the screw to fit, but I was able to turn the screw several times.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to use force then.

------------------

Michael

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Todd Schuitema:
While shopping at the grocery store, I found a small, rigid teflon cutting board that would also work very well for a mounting base.
Todd,

Nice job! Thanks for showing us the pix. I take it that you didn't have any problem seating that third screw, which is the problem I'm having (I couldn't seat the screws more than two turns on mine). I do realize it's a minor problem, but it sure prevents me from even starting.

Thanks,

BTW, great tip on using the teflon cutting board. I'll be doing some shopping.

------------------

Michael

[This message has been edited by cmdang (edited 10-12-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.