AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how safe is it to mount a tv onto a plywood panel that covers my hvac unit? i have a LN52A750

the panel above the fireplace is a removable plywood panel to access the hvac crap, any input would be greatly appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
it should be fine, depending on thickness of plywood, think 3/4" .

but also how and to what is the plywood attached -- to studs ?

if necessary, is there room to reinforce the back of the plywood for increased stiffness?

finally, are you going to be using a mount that extends out, or will the set stay up against

the wall. extendable articulating mounts create more stress.

TVbc

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You say that the plywood is removable, how is it attached? I would think that you would need a section of wall that is FIRMLY anchored to the wall. I would make sure that the plywood is at least 5/8" thick.

Also after owning a home for awhile now and knowing that thing break, what happens when you need access to the HVAC? Where I live if the AC goes down during the Summer while it is 112F you are screwed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon. My name is Gina Lady. And, I'm interested in mounting the TV to my wall. My home is a very old place....built in 1951. Therefore, the walls are plywood. Is it possible to get any instruction on how to properly put the TV on my wall? Thanks!

·
Registered
22,664 Posts
Buy a studfinder and mount the bracket into the studs (normally 16" apart). Actually.... you can probably look at the seams of the paneling where it's nailed up and that's where there are studs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts