AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just bought Fxi3 from Polk's Ebay store. I'm planning to hang them on the wall and wondering about options for mounting brackets. Since my walls are high 10' , I'd like to use mounts that provide swiveling function.

Searched quite a few threads I came to know that these speakers comes with inbuilt key-hole bracket but did not find any definitive answers about swiveling brackets.

Does Fxi3 has one key-hole or two??

Here is my requirements.

1) Swiveling

2) Should not require any drilling on the speakers.

3) Obviously , should be able to bear the weight of the speakers (10-13lbs).

Thanks in advance for your replies. My apologies in advance if this has already been answered and I missed in my search..

Max.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
 These should work . The $9.00 ones (pair) have a ball joint so they can move all over.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I would not use any swivel mounts with those speakers. Polk FXi are designed to be flush with the wall, and that's easy (and free) for you to try 1st. Look for additional mounts next if you are not happy with the sound.

IIRC, FXi3's have two keyholes in one bracket.

my .02

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinipux77 /forum/post/17013283

I would not use any swivel mounts with those speakers. Polk FXi are designed to be flush with the wall, and that's easy (and free) for you to try 1st. Look for additional mounts next if you are not happy with the sound.

IIRC, FXi3's have two keyholes in one bracket.

my .02

Will it work well whent it's mounted at 8' high. My Pre-wires done at that height..

Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maks71 /forum/post/17025677

Will it work well whent it's mounted at 8' high. My Pre-wires done at that height..

Thanks

Yes, speakers will still work at 8'
[/smart a$$ off]

8' for surrounds may be a bit higher than "the conventional wisdom", but all rooms have different needs to compromise, so don't worry about it too much. As long there's still some distance between speakers and the ceiling, it should not be too bad. How tall is the room?

My surrounds are also mounted higher than the ideal to blend into the room better, but I am quite happy with the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts