AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
System: Mpact2 with a RF mouse and IR Keyboard/Mouse combo.

While enjoying DVD's the darn mouse pointer keeps popping up every once and awhile. I turn off the RF mouse and take the batteries out of the keyboard and it still pops up.

How do I kill it for the duration of the film?

------------------

-Mark

***** Digital Vortex *****

The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

·
Registered
901 Posts
Mark,

I sometimes get this, what I do is to move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen and it disappears! never to return, until I move it up the screen again that it http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

------------

Simon Wilson
My Naff Home Page

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only problem with that is when the mouse pointer is moved to the bottom with the MediaFusion software the control panel pops up on the screen! If I move the pointer up to the corners off of the screen it just starts popping up were ever it darn well pleases and then when I start shooting I get these big holes on the screen! ;-)

Thanks for the fast reply though. Any other thoughts?

------------------

-Mark

www.digitalvortex.com

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mark,

I had a similar experience with my Cassini system which uses Mpact and Entertainment Center DVD player. The mouse would automatically appear about 10 minutes into the movie. I disabled the screen saver and power saver, but without success. I would have to move the mouse to the extreme right or left out of the field of vision.

Then a surprising thing happened. I put a shortcut to Entertainment Center in my Shortcut folder so the PC would automatically go into DVD playback mode. Thereafter, no more problems with my mouse. I can't explain why though, but that's my experience.

Good luck,

Mac

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Mark,

This may be a shot in the dark but for one thing...

Do you use an IR repeater? Because if the receiver unit is picking up any interference, it can trigger the IR keyboard receiver and make the mouse pop up. I went crazy trying to track down this very problem once, until I noticed the LED indicator on the IR repeater receiver was dimly flashing from noise pickup. It turned out it was a little too close to a lamp on a table.

For the second thing, I also found the keyboard (Airboard)IR receiver was very sensitive to the side of my HTPC being removed, even though it was far away. Even when closed, I have to run its cable in such a way as to not pick up noise from other wires going to my amp. It's not easy to check, because you have to stare at it long enough to see if the LED indicator flashes on its own. But once you find the sweet spot it should stay working.

Good luck.

Carey

------------------

My forever in-progress Home Theatre

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it looks like Carey was correct. I disconnected the IR mouse and just left the RF mouse hooked up and the problem has gone away. I do use an IR repeater that controls the Satellite receiver and it may very well be the problem.

Thanks for all the feedback.

------------------

-Mark

www.digitalvortex.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.