AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presently, I am running two DVD players, a Denon DVD/SACD 2200 and a new Sony Up-scaling 5-Disc DVD/CD Progressive Scan Changer DVP-NC85H/B. The Sony is connectd by HDMI to my Sony KDF-46E2000 HDTV (1080i) while the Denon is connected to the television using component. Audio from the Denon is handled with digitial audio coxial into my Onkyo TX-SR804 THX Select2 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver. The veteran Denon DVD 2200 does not have an HDMI output.

Notes:
*As you see I do not have a 1080p TV and do not plan to purchase one in the foreseeable future.

*I have quite a number of Non-HD DVD's.

Two Questions:

1. "Will the Toshiba A2 provide SUPERIOR upscaled audio & video when playing NON-HD DVDs as compared to my present players, the Sony up-scaler and Denon DVD 2200?

2. "Do HD-DVDs played on the Toshiba 1080i A2 yield superior audio & video as compared to Non HD-DVDs up-scaled by the A2?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Louisp

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 /forum/post/0

Presently, I am running two DVD players, a Denon DVD/SACD 2200 and a new Sony Up-scaling 5-Disc DVD/CD Progressive Scan Changer DVP-NC85H/B. The Sony is connectd by HDMI to my Sony KDF-46E2000 HDTV (1080i) while the Denon is connected to the television using component. Audio from the Denon is handled with digitial audio coxial into my Onkyo TX-SR804 THX Select2 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver. The veteran Denon DVD 2200 does not have an HDMI output.

Notes:
*As you see I do not have a 1080p TV and do not plan to purchase one in the foreseeable future.

*I have quite a number of Non-HD DVD's.

Two Questions:

1. "Will the Toshiba A2 provide SUPERIOR upscaled audio & video when playing NON-HD DVDs as compared to my present players, the Sony up-scaler and Denon DVD 2200?

2. "Do HD-DVDs played on the Toshiba 1080i A2 yield superior audio & video as compared to Non HD-DVDs up-scaled by the A2?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Louisp

Yes and Yes. A big yes for both. You will be amazed as to how much better the upconversion is and how great HD DVD looks.

BTW, your display is 720p native, not 1080i.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.