AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have solved most of my issues related to Video/Ethernet but not audio.

I have four speakers in the living room in the ceiling and one over the TV.

Additional speakers:

2 - porch

1 - dining room

2 - bedroom

1 - bathroom

I included a couple pictures of the closet which I have an dvd player/surround sound hooked up now. I just have it hooked up to make sure the speakers worked. As you can tell some wires have banana clips and others have nothing. I've looked at many receivers and I don't seem to be able to find one that will handle all of my speaker inputs.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18124232

What is your question? What are you trying to accomplish?

That would have been helpful to add.

I'm just kinda lost on what equipment I NEED and what equipment I could use with this set up?

It just seems like I have a lot more speakers than a lot of the receivers I've looked at can handle. I won't really have too many inputs for a receiver. Just the HD cable box and a PS3. On occasion I'd want to hook the computer or MP3 player up to it.

I'm also a bit concerned I'm missing something. I've read audio can run over Cat5e which I have a couple inputs for behind the TV.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just wanted to bump this as the link in my previous post has helped me understand my whole system.

That being said what remains is the best way for me to set up my closet.

I have four speakers in the living room in the ceiling and one over the TV.

Additional speakers:

2 - porch

1 - dining room

2 - bedroom

1 - bathroom

Is the best way a receiver and an amp? Six speakers creates a lot of inputs. I'm surprised I have not been able to find something that hooks up to a lot of speakers.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Without knowing how your house is wired it is impossible to provide recommendations. My guess, a 5.1 receiver for the main room, with an additional amp connected between zone 2 output and all your other speakers (probably an 8 channel amp).

I'd contact the previous owner, or builder, and find oout how it was supposed to be set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.