Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks:

I was wondering whether there is still a special offer deal available on the M2000 player, as I only seem to see it available for the $1,999 price, but I know they had once sold for a cheaper price. Can I still get the cheaper price, and from whom?

Also, I've two technical questions on the unit:

Can the S/PDIF output connect to an outboard DAC to produce stereo signal while watching DVDs? I don't have a home theatre procesor, but rather a high-end stereo only system (but do have a DAC with digital/coaxial, optical/toslink and AES/EBU inputs. Can any of these inputs on my DAC be used at all to grab the S/PDIF signal?? Otherwise I can't see how I can get audio from the unit??

Finally, could I use the M2000 as a CD transport, again, as per above, using the M2000 to output a digital audio signal to my DAC, then decoding and listening to CDs via my analog stereo preamp.

Thanks in advance for any and all info. I'm a bit of a newbie on the techie side, and need answers to those few questions before I pull the trigger on purchase. Thanks!!

John.

·
Banned
716 Posts
First of all, the Movi only plays DVDs - no CDs, no VCDs, no nothing else.

The S/PDIF outputs 5.1, so your DAC must be able to handle that. There are no audio outputs, digital or analog, other than that one S/PDIF coax. Also, there is only one video output, RGBHV via five BNC connectors. There is no panel display of any kind, or panel controls outside of the power switch. There isn't even a disc tray! You must hook it into a display to know what's going on. This piece is minimalist with a vengeance.

Look for one on Ebay. I got mine just a few weeks ago for $510 (the seller was MoviMagic itself) and, so far as I can tell, it works perfectly, and mine was cosmetically perfect also. Another was listed for a $500 starting bid and no reserve a couple weeks ago (again, by MoviMagic) with no takers. Keep watching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.