AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the most hated movie thread,which may or may not be because of the characters,but we don't have a thread for the movie character you really despise.I am not talking about actors here,just the characters.

I'm sure I will be able to come up with many more but some people were talking about Battlefield Earth today at work.From the very first of the movie all I wanted was for Travolta's character to meet a quick,horrible end.I shudder to think how bad he was.

Please post the characters that really leave a bad taste in your mouth.

P.S. I'm fully expecting Jar Jar Binks to get royally bashed.:D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Any character that Sandra Bernhard plays.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RedWyvern
Any character that Cuba Gooding Jr. plays.
Absolutely! And Jim Cary too

·
Registered
108 Posts
I liked Cuba Gooding's character in Judgment Night and Boys in the Hood also the movie with him and Robert Deniro...HHHHmmmmmm can't think of it... Men of Honor I believe...some of his better work.

My vote.. Ben Afflack (spelling?) and whats the guy that played in SWAT and the all-time stinker Phonebooth ?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The One
My vote.. Ben Afflack (spelling?) and whats the guy that played in SWAT and the all-time stinker Phonebooth ?
Colin Farrell but to be fair to the original poster neither of them are "characters" ;).

Do TV shows count? If so I choose Nicole Ritchie :p. If they dont count I must admit to despising Kirsten Dunst's character in Bring it On.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TV shows count as well.Please specify an actual character as it makes it a lot more interesting than any character so and so played.

For TV show I nominate Senator David Palmer's wife (Sherry Palmer) played by Penny Johnson on the show 24.What a manipulative bi*ch.I couldn't wait for her to get hers.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Ok, Brenda Chenowith in Six Feet Under. What a nut case.

And in the Sopranos, Christopher Moltisanti, Livia Soprano, Janice Soprano and Ralph Cifaretto. Come to think of it, very few of the characters in the Sopranos are the least bit sympathetic.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hmmm this brings up a good point. Are we talking about characters who do a good job of intentionally making us despise them (Joaquin Pheonix as Commidus)? Or those who we think werent meant for the part (Tobey McGuire as Peter Parker) or who did a bad job (Kirsten Dunst in Bring it On) or were just plain annoying (Jar Jar Binks)?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vlad_Dracule:

Any of your categories will do but the poster should specify which one their choice falls into.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
Denzel's character in Training Day. He was convincing enough to make anyone hate him, on or off screen. I applauded when Ethan capped him in--well, you know where. My TV pick would have to be 'Sloane' from the show Alias. I can't wait til' Sidney finally lets him have it!

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Well it didn't take very long to mess up your thread with people indicating which actor they don't like did it? To this point I count four people who have totally disregarded your original post and made it a hate actor post. Hey, that's the internet right? Back later with my pick(s).

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Yeah people this is about characters NOT ACTORS!!

Anyway, my choice would be any character that Angelina Joilet plays with Ben Swiller and Sandra Buttock tied for second. ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sad but true ALIENS,but I'm still hoping they will come back and actually specify a character.I truly am curious as to which types of characters get under people's skins.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke. The way he used his voice in that movie was perfect. I would’ve definitely clashed with that guy.

Paul Reiser in Aliens. Did anyone not cheer when he died?

Doug Hutchison (Percy) in The Green Mile. Got what he deserved…even though it was hard not to feel a little sorry for him in the end.

Barry Morse (Lt. Gerard) in the original TV series, The Fugitive. He meant business and I didn’t like his business.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:
Please post the characters that really leave a bad taste in your mouth.
I cheered when Clint finally gets to say, "Are you feeling lucky, punk?" to that weasel in DIRTY HARRY. Great villains make great movies.

Another that comes to mind is Demi Moore, who did an excellent job with her character in DISCLOSURE; that one didn't save the movie though.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.