AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had not heard anything about this movie till a commerical played for it last night, seems like its way under hyped or even talked about. Probably the strangest movie ive ever seen Arnie play in. Wonder if it will be any good, he doesnt even look the typical action hero that he plays even in regular movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1881002/?ref_=nv_sr_1

·
Registered
182 Posts
i tried to watch it yesterday. gave up. too many weird inconsistencies in the movie to create that strange mood... wonder if anyone has made it past the first 30 minutes...

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Awh no, not another stinker from Arnold. I hope it's not that bad because if it is that's 2 turkeys back to back the last one Sabotage was pretty crappy.

Zombie genre this one I hope at least could be entertaining enough. Sheesh Louis the Governor better get another agent or something, be more selective with the hundreds of scripts he gets thrown at him.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
It seems nearly everyone missed the boat here.

Let me start with 3 things:
1) This ISN'T a "zombie" movie.
2) The movie concerns itself with to what limit will someone go to alleviate the suffering of a terminally ill loved one.
3) It's not freakin' "zombie" movie!!!!!!:mad:

The big surprise is this film seems to be heavily influenced by the work of Terrence Malik.

AND I thought it was one powerful, terrific drama, with one of Arnie's best performances.

A real gem of a film (and NOT a GD zombie movie:rolleyes:).
Leave your preconceptions and forget the erroneous reports from "professional" critics behind and enjoy this for what it REALLY is ----- a unique and excellent film.

·
Registered
18,976 Posts
You'd think the combo platter of Schwarzenegger and zombies would make a full meal deal. Sadly, this wasn't even a side dish. Its ridiculous how s-l-o-w this movie is. Not even a pulled pork sammich and cold IPA(s) could salvage this snoozer.

One bright spot is Lionsgate didn't cripple the rental version with lossy audio. This had DTS-HD MA. And it used the soundtrack to create some good atmosphere. Nothing earth shattering. But decent. 2.5/5

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
You'd think the combo platter of Schwarzenegger and zombies would make a full meal deal. Sadly, this wasn't even a side dish. Its ridiculous how s-l-o-w this movie is. Not even a pulled pork sammich and cold IPA(s) could salvage this snoozer.
Of everyone on this forum, you are the LAST member I would expect to understand Human Emotions....
Seriously, considering your past "performance" in this area, do you blame me?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,976 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts