AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had a "Movie Marathon" where you just kicked back and watched 3 or more films in a row?

I was thinking of this as we are about to have a snowstorm around Tuesday.

If "Return of the King" or Matrix Revolutions were available on DVD would watching all 3 movies count as one or three?

One would think that watching 3 or more different films would constitute a marathon.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I like to watch all my Lethal Weapon,Beverly Hills Cop,Indiana Jones,Termonator,or Jurassik Park movies in one sitting.As far as LOTR goes I enjoy watching the 2 EE's together.Can't wait to get the third.I've been training for that marathon for a while now.:D

Plan on picking up the Die Hard and Rambo trilogies soon and I'll do the same with them.

The one series I never watch together is Red Dragon and or Manhunter(basically the same movie and I have both),Silence of the Lambs,and Hannibal.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Strangely, I've never done this at home. I used to go to movie marathons all the time. Especially anime, since I didn't have any other way to watch it. Way back I did watch things like Star Trek marathons on TV - have friends over, eat way too much popcorn and coke, etc.

Might do it with the Matrix when Revolutions comes out.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Do it all the time - it's called a "Movie Night" at our house. Friday or Saturday we'll start at 7:00 and go till 2 in the morning. What a way to raise the kids...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do it all the time (Terminator, and Indy trilogies my fav). Last few weeks been on a Bond kick (Roger Moore nite is my fav, The Spy Who loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, & Octopussy is the best combo). Of course with my Jedi themed theater (still under construction) I'll be having many Star Wars movie marathons come fall!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I often get this bored and sit back, feet on the coffee table, coffee in one hand, remote in the other. Last marathon was last night, 7 hours of V, and I hear they are bringing it back with the original cast, can't wait for that..

Mark

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've had the pleasure recently of a week off work while having the chicken pox. I managed to watch quite a few movies, with 4 in a row being the high point. I had never seen any of them before. Started with Frida (excellent), then Titan AE (excellent, and really shook the house), then Menace II Society (pretty good, very grim) and finally....wait for it...Showgirls. Wow, was that incredibly awful! Not even the copious nudity could elevate(!) this flick.

Also did a double feature (on a different day) of Bridge on the River Kwai and Saving Private Ryan. Long double feature.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Long ago, before multiplexes were invented (and before I got married), I used to spend Christmases at Times Square, going from theater to theater, seeing the new releases. If the schedules worked out I saw three movies.

And I once threw a "Saturday Night at the Viddies" party where I showed Star Wars 4, 5 and 6. We did take a break for dinner, though.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Multi-plexes ruined my movie experience, nothing like the old movie theatres. I remember the intermission half way through the movie and the ushers ( thanks to Rgross for pointing that out! )selling ice cream in the aisles. Alas, those days are over..:(

Mark

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You call them "hushers" down under? They're "ushers" up here.

Actually, even today, every once and while, I'm in a theater and they have someone selling refreshments from a cart in the aisle.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Grrrr, sorry Rgrossman, I mean't USHERS, it is early here...:)

Mark

·
Registered
81 Posts
Somehow, the word "marathon" implies running around to me, not kicking back; and here on the West Coast (before multiplexes) theaters aren't so close together. This will probably date me, but we did LOGAN'S RUN, THE SAILOR WHO FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE SEA, and TAXI DRIVER in that order at 3 different area theaters. Took us all day with travel time, but it was an eclectic mix of genres and it turned out to be the perfect order that left us completely buzzed at the end.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bert
Somehow, the word "marathon" implies running around to me, not kicking back; and here on the West Coast (before multiplexes) theaters aren't so close together. This will probably date me, but we did LOGAN'S RUN, THE SAILOR WHO FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE SEA, and TAXI DRIVER in that order at 3 different area theaters. Took us all day with travel time, but it was an eclectic mix of genres and it turned out to be the perfect order that left us completely buzzed at the end.:eek:
Let's see . . . that would have been November or December 1976 right? :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.