AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or have movies been sucking recently? That last good movie was LOTR ROTK. The last DVD I bought was Underworld and I wasn't that impressed with the storyline.

And it seems as though there aren't very many movies to look forward to. Last year, we were looking forward to the two Matrix movies (which ended up sucking), X-2, and the LOTR.

I'm slightly looking forward to Spiderman 2, but I'll probably wait on the DVD for this one. Other than that. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

And DVDs to look forward to? Maybe Schindler's List and The Rundown (I saw this one in the theater and should be awesome in 5.1). Both those aren't until March. And of course ROTK EE will be a while too.

Other than the above mentioned titles, movies have been sucking it up lately. Both at the box office and at the retail outlet. Does anyone else agree?

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Yeah, let's bring back the good old days when we had Francis the Talking Mule, and The Bowery Boys, and Tarzan movies and Rocket Men from Mars and Matt Helm flicks and Ma and Pa Kettle and all those Godzilla movies!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Now that we've past the prime Christmas buying and Oscar contention seasons, it's not prime time for the release of good first run movies OR DVD's. I'll just have to content myself with the Looney Tunes boxed set for a while longer... ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
There's plenty of good films out there if you aren't afraid to do a little digging. (e.g. "The Station Agent" was pretty good, although not up your alley from the looks of your picks...) If you can't find anything to look forward to, try looking backwards. There's more than a century's worth of films to choose from out there and a lot of them are quite good. (e.g. "The General" )

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
The cinema scene looks just as slim every January. And just like every year, eventually notable releases start popping up here and there. And then come next January, it will look bleak again.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Don't forget "Sturgeon's Law" - 95% of everything is crap...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.