AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
people not being able to edit/cut, poor camera movement etc.

I saw a recent example of this....Bourne Supremecy.

The movie in itself wasn't that great, not bad either but I got tired after 20min because of the, short cuts and irratic camera movement.

I started to wonder if it was a competition between Michael Bay and Oliver Wood.

Oliver Wood won.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I liked The Bourne Identity and found the cutting to add to the atmosphere. The Burning Man had some seriously overdone camera and camera-move-like f/x that became distracting. I can understand why they do it, since I'm sure it's a challenge to create something that elaborate and kinetic, but for any given person it might be a little too much for them and become distracting.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Movies messed up due to... the wrong director.

Total Recall was a very cool sci-fi story that was ruined for me by Paul Verhoeven's direction. The gratuitous violence and cartoonish sets pulled me out of the story at every turn. With Verhoeven I never seem to get whether he is going for hyper-realism or satire. It worked with Robocop but I think he fails completely with Total Recall. I really wish Total Recall would be remade.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
GSOgymrat, I think Verhoeven just wants to film the gratuitous, and uses satire as an excuse. He can get away with it, if it's perceived as satire.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
LOST WORLD (JURASSIC PARK II). If Spielberg had also done II, it would have been much better - maybe not as good as I, but anything would have been better than II.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
eweiss, Spielberg did direct Lost World.

·
Banned
5,823 Posts
Spielberg stated in many interviews long after Lost World had made its money at the box office that it was the first film he has ever made where he was bored making it, i was bored watching it and much preferred Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 3 ( Lost World had too many silly scenes and it was like Spielberg wanted to remake King Kong but forgot to get a good script )

As for Verhoeven, great director i enjoy his work but his idea of sex is more of a tease and more juvenile in nature than adult ( referring to sex in his movies )

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by IAM4UK
eweiss, Spielberg did direct Lost World.
I repent in dust and ashes. I could barely watch THE LOST WORLD once, and have never watched it a second time. I did not know that Spielberg had personally directed it; I thought he had farmed it out to someone else.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
The JP trilogy is a lot like the Matri to me. I still love both franchises in spite of their inconsistencies. JP2 was good because SS gave it more 'teeth' and wasn't afraid to show some blood finally. Maybe JP3 shouldn't have happened (Dr Horner: 'No force on earth or heaven could get me back on that island'). Right. One reveiwer said the dinosaurs got smarter and the humans got dumber. Anyways, I wonder if the third installment would have been better if SS hadn't farmed it out to Joe Johnson.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Lost world was messed up because they chose NOT to read the novel. It was great with much better plot and development. The effects and action would have been nothing short of excellent..... but they chose to use the name and the opening scene.... that's all they took from the novel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.